If you have been diagnosed with a cavity and are considering waiting to get it filled, you may be risking your dental health. Because prevention is the best medicine, we encourage early cavity treatment to ensure you are not risking a deeper cavity that could eventually spread to the tooth root. Our dental team cannot stress enough how important it is to follow through with treatment once your dentist finds problem areas.
If you have areas of enamel affected by decay, porcelain fillings are a great way to protect and strengthen your teeth.
Why Choose Dr. Mara at Nimmi Shine Dental?
- We use the latest technology to create care plans and make care decisions with our patients.
- Dr. Mara has 175+ Hours Advanced Post-Graduate Training in Implants and Oral Surgery.
- Dr. Mara is a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and of the Global Dental Implant Academy.
Advantages of Porcelain Fillings
The porcelain we use is of a high quality and reflects light beautifully, very much like natural enamel does. By offering a filling material that is biocompatible and can be matched to your tooth shade, we feel you are getting the most value for your restoration cost. And unlike metal fillings, porcelain fillings are not affected by hot and cold temperatures, so there is no risk of fracture from temperature changes. Here are a few additional advantages of porcelain fillings:
- Porcelain fillings can last a lifetime with proper care.
- The porcelain material we use actually bonds with your natural enamel.
- Porcelain creates a strong surface when bonded to enamel.
- Porcelain can be colored to blend in well with your tooth shade.
- Porcelain acts as a sealant on enamel, reducing your chances for decay in the specific filling area.
- Porcelain is a very subtle way to enhance your smile without drawing attention.
- Porcelain can be used to replace metal fillings that have become worn or are inhibiting your smile appearance.
Discover if You Are a Porcelain Filling Candidate
Make sure you keep up with your regular dental check-ups to ensure continued good dental health. If you are currently experiencing any pain or sensitivity, schedule a visit with a dentist as soon as possible. Remember, tooth pain is not always an indication of cavity presence, and only your dentist can determine if you are a candidate for porcelain fillings. If you have metal fillings and you would like to replace them with a more natural alternative, our dentists can perform safe cavity removal and re-fill the tooth with porcelain.